Here is a recording of the January 25, 2014 radio interview of Second Chance’s Mark Foster. Aired on WBMD and WFSI, the “Community Involvement” segment — hosted by Neil Gandara — provides an insightful 15-minute overview of our nonprofit social enterprise.
Green Collar Jobs
Second Chance, Inc. creates "green collar jobs" by taking apart buildings that would otherwise be demolished and dumped in a landfill. We then offer the reclaimed materials and other donated goods to the public at a discount, helping fund our job training and workforce development programs that serve those with barriers to employment.
So Far in 2017, We're Proud to Report...
Labor Hours Created
Consumer Dollars Saved
Landfill Waste Diverted
Volunteer Hours Used
- Industrial Metal Clad Door (Item # 126365)
- Homasote? What ? Sound Barrier, Underlayment, Wall Padding!
- Ovens, Ovens, and More Amana Electric 4 Burner Range/Ovens! Oh, My! (Item#165701)
- Red/Black Carriage Garage Door (Item # 125264)
- Maitland Smith Rich Leather Coffee Table with storage Oh, MY! (Item#178597)